- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Working alongside backend engineers to connect RESTful API endpoints
- Strong proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular state management (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with Git
Nice-to-Haves (But not necessary)
- Multi-project experience (Agency)
- Familiarity with Next.js
- Familiarity with SASS
- Familiarity with React Native
- Experience with Project Management tools (such as Jira)
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Worked in start-ups
Working at Bytehogs
We’re a remote-first company, we don’t currently have an office and aren’t intending on getting one anytime soon. We have regular team meals, usually in London. We’re flexible on working hours. We are keen on supporting people with the opportunity to learn, grow and prove themselves in a professional capacity.
We don’t believe in requiring qualifications to work in our industry, hands-on experience is best for us, in fact, our founders are self-taught engineers.
Salary & Holiday
This role is being offered at £40,000 per annum based on a 40-hour working week, with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
As engineers ourselves, we understand that your time is valuable and you will have multiple opportunities at one time, so our interview process is as follows:
- 1st stage: General interview & project presentation (30 - 45mins)
- 2nd stage: Final interview with both co-founders (20 - 30 mins)
We want to offer the first stage interview as a casual ‘geeky’ conversation so that we can get to know each other and give you the opportunity to present a project you’ve worked on and are proud of (instead of a daunting pair-programming session or dreaded take-home test).
The second and final stage interview would be with both co-founders and a general conversation to make sure we could all work well together.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday