As we continue to grow, we are looking for additional GIS Developers/Software Engineers who are passionate about using their knowledge and experience to join our Professional Services Team and help build solutions for our customers using the latest Esri developer technology
Working across a range of projects and market sectors, your key responsibilities as a GIS Developer would be to:
- Code: Write high-quality code using software engineering best practices, developing accessible geospatial solutions for our customers
- Innovate: Work with the latest industry-leading technology to explore trends such as real-time GIS, big data analytics, 3D, and digital twins
- Collaborate: Use your knowledge and expertise to work with the team, embedding software engineering principles to deliver projects and support customers. Be motivated and resourceful and take the initiative to resolve issues
- Understand our customers: This is not just a product development role. You will need to talk to our customers and become familiar with their business processes, data, and technology stack, applying user-centred design to understand how location can help them be more successful
- Grow your knowledge: Keep up to date with changes to developer technologies and GIS, finding new ways they can be used to solve real-world problems.
We are keen to consider candidates with a range of experience for our GIS Developer roles. This would be a great career if you are:
- Comfortable with REST APIs and developing software to interact with them
- Keen to work with the latest mapping, geospatial, cloud and web technologies
- Familiar with automation, code management and deployment technologies such as Git, Azure DevOps, Notebooks and Serverless
- Able to clearly communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Curious and inquisitive, good at creating and nurturing relationships, and enthusiastic about problem solving
- Looking for a role that provides you with long term career opportunities.
Your educational and industry background is not so important, but hands-on experience of front-end or full-stack development to solve real-world problems is crucial to become a GIS Developer. Knowledge of ArcGIS and developing software using the ArcGIS Developer APIs is desirable but not essential.
What we offer
Esri UK is a thriving and inclusive workplace. We take pride in our culture and recognise the value our people bring. We believe in creating a balanced and flexible work/life environment and invest in learning and development at all stages of an individual’s career. We believe on promoting from within and offer long term career opportunity in a successful, growing business.
We will reward you with:
- A good basic salary
- A generous company bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum (based on company and personal achievements)
- Pension, Vitality healthcare scheme, gym contribution, cycle to work scheme. We believe as a company that we should give back wherever we can and therefore also offer volunteering opportunities, including MapAction.
Esri UK uses mapping technology to help our customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. We support governments, universities, businesses and charities worldwide to save money, improve society, and protect our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Location: We offer flexibility around location. You can opt for home-based working, or office based in either Edinburgh, Aylesbury of Cambridge. There is also an opportunity to work a mix of both in a hybrid model. We work virtual-first with most of our customers, however some travel to customer sites will be required.
Security: Because of the types of data and clients we work with, all our positions require successful candidates to undergo a basic security clearance.
*Please apply online, including your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations
Application deadline: Monday 28th* March
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers
NO Agencies please