About the Position
We are seeking an eager-to-learn Software Engineer to join Flywheel’s busy and collaborative development team. This is a unique opportunity to develop your engineering skills while working with a dedicated and growing team building large scale APIs, SDKs, and CLIs for sharing and curating scientific and medical data and associated metadata. Tools you build will be used to empower scientists and researchers to enhance their workflow efficiency and sharing capabilities. Successful applicants will have a passion for learning, problem-solving, teamwork, and delivering quality results.This is an entry-level position that will involve developing software while working with a variety of technologies, including:
Python 3 APIs, specifically FastAPICloud providers: AWS, GCSMongoDB, ElasticSearchDocker and KubernetesGit, Unit and Integration testing, CI/CD a plus, specifically Gitlab
Work closely with a growing team of engineers and business stakeholders. The development teams are organized around Product Areas and operate within a lightweight Agile process where they are empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Continue to develop your software development skills by building new features in Python on the existing APIs and Services that make up Flywheel’s imaging research platform.
- Work with other engineers to debug and solve issues in software.
- Write automated tests along with feature work and fixes to help ensure software quality and prevent regression.
- Work with Product Management and Quality Assurance teams to develop features and improvements to the Flywheel products.
- Meet standards in code quality and testing set forth by the team, and make suggestions for improvements.
- Collaborate daily across a geographically dispersed development team.
What Would Make You A Great Fit
- Technical certification or aptitude or a 2 or 4 year technical degree.
- Curious with an eagerness to learn.
- Have a positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Have a high attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.