## Who do we want to work with?
We are looking for a fast and confident full stack Ruby + React developer to join our team and advance our mission. But not just any dev is a good fit...
The best devs are self-motivated - maybe you have interesting side projects or weird passions, maybe you're self-taught. You probably have an odd obsession with keyboard shortcuts and coding efficiency that most people wouldn't understand. There is no question in your mind that you could take an idea and turn it into a functional and usable product, all by yourself!
Our kind of devs are confident and intelligent enough to work with people who have literally built multiple tech unicorns. You don’t need a fancy degree, a certain number of years of coding experience, or big tech experience - but you do need to understand what empathy is, and have enough emotional intelligence to work with other highly skilled people.
If you're motivated to be more, and better, than you are today... If you're not afraid to work with proven, highly skilled people who will ask for your best... to advance a worthy cause... in a fast-paced environment... with a lot of growth opportunity... then you're a good fit for VC Lab.
## Who do you want to work with?
If you fit the above criteria, we most certainly want to work with you! ...but so would everybody! Why should you want to work with us? That's a good question:
- The VC Lab tech team is fully remote
- We offer competitive salary + equity
- Our mission is to improve the world by increasing equality and diversity for startup funding
- We work with an open source tech stack, primarily Ruby on Rails + React
- Our leadership is deeply experienced, having been involved in multiple rocketship unicorn success stories.
- Mentorship to help you reach your potential
- Significant growth opportunity if you want to manage/mentor others
- Silicon valley scalability
## What skills do you need?
The soft stuff:
- You consider yourself a "fast" developer. The fastest you know.
- You can take a project from idea to implementation without a lot of oversight
- You are a good communicator in both written and spoken English
- You can spend at least a few working hours per day in the Pacific time zone
- You aren't afraid of a fast paced environment where there is more to do than time to do it
The tech stuff:
- Ruby on Rails or another open source stack
- Tailwinds or another CSS library
- AWS or Google Cloud
## About VC Lab
VC Lab is a well-funded silicon valley startup whose mission is to help launch 1,000 new venture funds all around the world, with a particular focus on diversity and sustainability. If you think that the ability for worldwide startups to raise capital is important to advance humanity's most important goals, then VC Lab might be a good fit for you.
## To apply
To apply for this job, do not send a formal cover letter and do not send a resume. Instead, send us something which proves your depth of experience and your ability to lead, to communicate, and to code. A Github link is good, online discussions about interesting topics are good (Pull requests? Stack Overflow?). Side projects or personal website urls are good. LinkedIn url is optional.
If we like your stuff, we will schedule a 15-minute interview, and assign a small test project. If you’re not comfortable doing a small coding project, then you’re probably not a good fit.
If you made it this far, and the opportunity looks interesting to you, you’re a _fast dev_, but you don’t fit _all_ the criteria, you are encouraged to apply anyway. Passion and motivation go a long ways :)
We look forward to working with you!
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.