gener8tor Management - Python/Django Developer - US remote
Full Job Description
Python / Django DeveloperLocation: Remote, US-based
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, skills, conferences and fellowships.
gener8tor is a nationally-ranked, GOLD tier accelerator in the U.S. as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project.
gener8tor seeks a Python / Django Developer to join our engineering team as we develop internal and external software tools that grow our business and impact thousands of entrepreneurs around the world! In this position you will have the opportunity to sharpen both frontend and backend skills as we build a robust platform in the Django framework. Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to think like a developer and execute ideas according to common coding best practices. This role will also require excellent communication and problem-solving skills as our engineering team often tackles problems that require creative thinking and collaboration with non-technical stakeholders.
- Write and maintain Django models, views, and URLs. Some functionality will require interaction with Django’s template system.
- Provide technical support to the team by solving issues and optimizing the platform.
- Write and maintain unit tests.
- Customize the Django admin interface.
- Meet with project stakeholders and convert technical requirements into actionable steps for your project roadmap.
- Ensure the code you write follows industry conventions and gener8tor best practices.
- Assist with the deployment of your code to production, including version control, testing, staging, and pushing to production.
This position will mainly focus on backend development within the Django framework, but some familiarity with Django’s frontend template system is preferred. Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with core Django concepts, including but not limited to: models, views (both function-based and class-based), URL routing, templates, and Django admin.
- Familiarity with unit and user testing.
- Ability to develop on a standard software development life cycle and follow common Agile best practices.
- A strong commitment to organization, planning, and collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
- Commitment to equity across race, place and gender.
At gener8tor we…
- Revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Wipe down the tables after lunch with as much enthusiasm as we have taking a trip out to Silicon Valley.
- Are motivated by building a better tomorrow for the communities we interact with.
- Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, those with previous felony convictions and others who identify as being from an underrepresented group to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the above characteristics or others protected by law.