Full Job Description
Applications will go live Monday May 2, 2022
Please complete your application before May 16, 2022
Participation in the apprenticeship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the apprenticeship program.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page to provide the required materials (PDFs preferred).
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- High school degree, GED equivalent, or practical experience.
- Not currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree program in an IT-related field (i.e., Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration).
- Has not started or completed the Google IT Career Certificate.
- Less than 1 year of relevant working IT experience.
- Experience using Google Workspace or a similar suite of productivity tools.
- Less than one year of exposure to an IT or a related technical field (i.e. personal projects, coding languages, operating systems, building computers/apps, volunteering with STEM organizations, etc).
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, proactive, positive attitude, and great customer service capabilities.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies, demonstrated through personal projects and commitment to learning new skills.
- Willingness to navigate multiple ambiguous tasks and competing priorities while finding suitable solutions and seeking help/advice where appropriate.
About the job
As an IT apprentice at Google, you will develop the skills you need to become an IT Support Professional.
You will pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms, data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies, and other industry practices. We will equip you with everything you need to know to support our users. You will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure, and multi-platform system administration, and you will develop further skills through experience in communication technology (video and voice), hardware, mobile devices, and project management.
The apprenticeship will begin on September 12 with a three-week virtual onboarding experience, followed by an immersive 6-week bootcamp with Google's apprenticeship partner, Multiverse, to build a foundational understanding of the profession. Apprentices will then join a Google team to train on-the-job, while continuing to engage in track-specific learnings and career workshops throughout the program. You’ll be assigned to a team and manager for the duration of your 12 month apprenticeship. Towards the end of the program, you’ll receive holistic career readiness support and will have the time and space to prepare for your next endeavor.
A typical week in the life of a Google apprentice will require 40 structured hours of both learning and work. You’ll follow a hybrid model, as you work towards completing the required competencies. You’ll dedicate 1-2 days a week to virtual lessons with our external training provider, such as spotlighting a particular concept or participating in a professional development workshop. Your remaining days are spent gaining practical experience through different projects on your Google team.
This apprenticeship is intended for individuals who want to learn and develop entry-level technical and professional skills in IT. If you’re currently pursuing or have completed a degree in an IT-related field, we encourage you to browse our University Graduate & Internship opportunities.
Find more details about apprenticeships and a list of FAQs on g.co/Apprenticeships.
The Google IT Apprenticeship is a 12-month program offering training and development of individuals looking to start a career in IT. This program is a structured learning and development opportunity. Apprentices participate in on-the-job training and related technical instruction, as well as career readiness workshops and opportunities to develop professional skills. Upon completion, apprentices receive a nationally-recognized credential, certified by the U.S. Department of Labor. The IT track also includes completing the corresponding Google Career Certificate.
- Help support internal infrastructure escalating issues to appropriate teams as needed.
- Help support internal employees on all of their IT needs across a variety of platforms, including ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.