FTC - 12 months
Home or Remote Working: Hybrid
Closing Date: 27th January 2022
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make the content they can't get enough of, and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally-led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever, and however, they choose.
The Devices team is responsible for end-user devices within Workplace Technology including Desktop/Laptops, Mobile Devices, OS Builds and Asset Lifecycle Management amongst others. They are responsible for delivering tools and services in an agile way that enable colleagues to be at their most creative and productive. They are also responsible for collecting, analysing and acting upon our application data. We develop formulas and searches in Splunk and expose custom dashboards to stakeholders across the business.
The team are currently looking for a Junior Developer to join, who shall be responsible for the ongoing development and continuous improvement of ITV’s in house asset lifecycle platform, associated tools and APIs. The Junior Developer will work as part of the team to identify issues in existing processes; design, build and test potential solutions and manage those solutions to production and beyond.
Some Key Responsibilities include:
- Work on both the front and back end of tools to deliver a consistently excellent user experience to ITV colleagues and support staff with a user experience led focus on development.
- Implement code changes to bring new functionality to existing tools across multiple languages
- Develop and deliver new functionality using robust, scalable and reusable code to ensure tooling can be reused and updated without significant future overhead.
- Work collaboratively with an existing, high performing, product team, bringing fresh ideas to discussions and championing new ways of working to improve the Devices Product space.
- Deliver work on time to a high standard and in line with ITV best practices
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience in development using one or more languages.
- Experience with cloud service providers to manage hosting and continuous integration of applications
- Experience in using infrastructure-as-code tools, ideally Terraform.
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git
- Experience with Docker and containers in development and production
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Previous experience of working within agile software development teams is desired but not essential.
- Experience of working within the media industry is desired but not essential.
- Experience with tools such as Trello and Slack is useful
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to own problems end to end, drawing on the relevant expertise of the team or others as necessary to deliver the required outcome.
- Ability to manage workload to deliver on time
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as required.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is email@example.com.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.