Do you want to create the world’s best mobile games with hundreds of millions monthly active users? Have you got big ideas and the passion to make them happen? We’re looking for a Junior Level Designer to join us.
You’ll join a team where you can experiment, go beyond the obvious and take the lead. Break the rules, make the rules – do whatever it takes to make unforgettable games.
As part of King’s Portfolio Games you will have the opportunity to connect with Level Designers working on our 5 titles and join one of our Working Groups where designers from across the Portfolio come together to tackle challenges specific to the craft of Level Design. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop your skills with the support of your peers!
Your role within our Kingdom
- As part of a level design team, you will be creating well- balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on our games' basic rules as well as support the delivery of the games' core vision. Ultimately, you will ensure our games are fun to play!
- Create, assess, re- balance and tune new and existing levels
- Work with other designers to ensure level consistency across Farm Heroes Saga
- Actively contribute to the creative discussions surrounding feature reviews and new feature design.
Skills to create thrills
- You have great passion for games, understand the casual market and know how to think out of the box. And, of course, you'll need to know what makes a fun level. Other skills include:
- Knowledge of level design, either from previous work experience for e.g. internship, school or personal projects.
- Solid understanding of game balancing and pacing
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to develop as a level designer
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com