This role is a hybrid working position, working between our Hemel Hempstead office and home. We will also consider remote working from within the UK.
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
CommandCentral CRS - Valued Member of a Software Development Team.
This role will require both technical capability and teamworking skills to deliver Software developments in the Command Central Control Room Solution.
Software development is currently achieved using a set of agile teams based in Krakow Poland and Hemel Hempstead UK.
CRS Product is primarily targeted at Emergency Services to respond to life-critical situations. These include providing 999/112 call handling, Contact Management, and Radio Dispatch of staff to Emergencies.
Important Information: You must have been working in the UK for a minimum of 5 years to be considered for this role. This is due to the security clearance required for this role.
- Role Primarily includes Developing Front End Software.
- Developer will be part of a team comprising Front End, Back End, & Full Stack developers.
- Team will be one of a number of teams providing software for the CRS product.
- Software development will include New Functionality, Modification to existing Functionality, Component/Unit Testing, Defect Investigation & Resolution (Including supporting Delivery/Maintenance teams).
- Team members should always provide assistance to more Junior Team members.
- Team members are to liaise and attend meetings with other company functions as necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development, on occasions this may be out of office hours.
- Customer Contact (although infrequent) is to be expected.
- Must have - Recognized Academic or Technical qualifications related to the Software Development skillset described below.
- Experience of both designing/Coding software including Component/Unit tests & Technical/Operational Documentation, within a quality-focused environment.
- Desirable - Familiarity with Agile environments. Life Cycle Experience of Software Development especially in a Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Must have - Familiarity using Tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail, Aha, GIT, Visual Studio, Jenkins, ReSharper, Nunit, Moq, Selenium Jasmine Karma.
- Experience working with Telephone (PSTN/PBX/SIP, etc.) and Radio (TETRA, DMR, Broadband PTT etc.) Communications systems.
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday