Kraken is the technology behind Octopus Energy.
Smart Pear is the part of Kraken Technologies Ltd that provides, amongst other things, the means by which Kraken talks to smart meters via the DCC.
We're looking for a junior developer or analyst who is passionate about understanding complex business problems, developing code based solutions and then maintaining the solution to provide continuously excellent service and support.
You'll be joining our team and helping us both manage the DCC Adaptor on an ongoing operational basis as well as addressing the challenges of the future as we take this technology out to other energy industry customers.
Whilst this may seem challenging at this stage, we appreciate that there is a lot to learn in this space and are we're committed to providing the training and support so that you can thrive.
What you'll do...
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team with different stakeholders (developers, PMs, users, clients) understanding and analysing current issues and requirements and helping in the development of solutions
- Undertake a range of technical and security related tasks, spanning process design, architecture, coding, testing and deployment
- Provide support to customers and other tech teams within Kraken
- Refining and adding to our design process documentation, and trying out new design processes with the team where possible
What you'll need...
- Problem solving with very good analytical skills
- Design and analytical approaches such as sequence diagrams and use cases
- AWS and cloud based architecture
- Usage of project management software like Asana or Jira, knowledge of the agile process and organising work with tasks
- It would be a bonus if you have any experience of the GB energy market and smart metering
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.