Paul Smith - Junior Web Developer - UK remote
We have a new opportunity for a talented Junior Web Developer to join our growing Digital team. As a Junior Web Developer, you’d be working on software seen by millions of people every week and would be given the chance to work with the Web Development team building brand new features from scratch using modern web technologies like Vue.js and Vuex.
The Junior Web Developer will assist in the development and support of the Paul Smith transactional website based on Magento 2 Enterprise Edition with a Headless front-end.
(This is a remote role; however, the successful candidate would be expected to attend the Paul Smith Ltd Head Office in Nottingham twice per month)
- Assist with the delivery of developing, testing, and maintaining new and existing features on the Paul Smith website.
- Provide full and clear documentation of all code development to the agreed business standards.
- Develop pixel perfect front-end components, working from designs with attention to detail.
- Extend API’s and interfacing frontend components.
- Ensure regular knowledge transfer with team members as part of an agile scrum software development team.
- Adhere to formally published test and implementation plans and process exception reporting.
- Provide debugging, support and resolution of interface issues reported by other areas of the business.
- Participate in team discussions to problem solve and optimise the website as a team.
- Work in an Agile working environment and using Project Management tools to track tasks and keep clear documentation of work.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Familiar with build tools.
- GIT in a team environment.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Some commercial experience would be beneficial
- Familiarity of or willing to work in an Agile working environment.
- Methodical, committed, and accurate individual with a strong customer focused service skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise to set deadlines.
- An effective team member who can also work using their own initiative and manage multiple tasks.
- Flexible and able to work extended hours during busy periods.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.