Junior Software Engineer
About Tomorrow Health
At Tomorrow Health, we are reimagining the future of home-based care. We focus on improving the way individuals and their families manage home medical equipment and supplies. Our company is led by repeat founders who have built $3+ billion dollar businesses in healthcare and e-commerce, with institutional backing from Andreessen Horowitz and other VCs and founders. We know the incredible impact that each early hire can bring, and we're looking for instrumental additions to our small, focused team.
We believe that a team's strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you're passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you'll join us.
About the team
Tomorrow Health's Engineering Team is building the features and systems that enable a faster, simpler, more transparent process for patients and other healthcare partners. The Engineering Team partners with the Product and Operations Teams to ensure patients and caregivers receive the best possible experience as they navigate the DME landscape.
We are a small, but rapidly growing organization that is looking for new, talented individuals to help us build the future of healthcare.
About the role
We are currently looking for Junior Software Engineers who will assist in the execution, planning, and release of high-impact engineering projects. This person will collaborate with other engineers to deliver, debug, and review code within their team. Some examples of work you will take on over the next six months:
- You will work with senior engineers to build features and systems that enable Tomorrow Health to efficiently manage a patient's care between provider, insurer, and supplier.
- You will help develop technical strategy and roadmaps for our applications end-to-end, working on a wide range of systems, processes, and tools.
- You will partner closely with other team members as a technical contributor to business goals.
- You will deliver, debug, and review code for mission critical features.
- You are a good communicator and able to work with business stakeholders.
- You have a deep understanding of programming fundamentals and data structures.
- You are interested in backend development and database design.
- You are willing to continually learn and hone your technical skills.
- You strive for operational excellence and know that there is always room to do better.
- You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality.
How we work
We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process, we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who will thrive in our environment. At a high level, our values are:
- Fight like hell for patients
- Change the system from within
- Report to the goal
- Be the catalyst
- Work hard and work smart
- Do more with less
- Assume best intent
- Aim high and dream big