Location: Brighton, UK
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Madgex has been providing job board and career technology for over 20 years. We work with world-renowned brands and organisations, including the Guardian, Financial Times and Gumtree. Our products impact tens of millions of people searching for work every year. Madgex has been named in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ and ‘Great Places to Work’.
How you will make an impact:
- You will help build our new job board technology as part of an Agile team of front-end developers in your day-to-day role.
- You will also cross-functionally collaborate with our Product Managers, UX Designers and software engineers, delivering excellence as you execute designs and user stories.
- Our product development teams are passionate about learning and sharing their experience and knowledge, and you will have opportunities to grow more technically adept.
We are looking for people who:
We are looking for a person who is willing to learn on the job and loves to work as part of a team.
First and foremost, we want a strong communicator who is looking for a chance to grow and improve their technical skills and is self-motivated to learn.
Ideally, you would have at least one year’s commercial experience or demonstrate Open Source contributions / personal projects you’ve undertaken.
Things we consider essential for the role:
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Someone who can empathise with our users and put themselves in their shoes
- Someone who is self-motivated and shows a desire to improve continually
- A basic understanding of user experience and design sensibilities
Desirable but not essential:
- Some node.js exposure
- Experience in working with Docker containers
- Knowledge of web accessibility
About Madgex and Wiley:
In March 2020, Madgex became part of the Wiley group, combining Madgex’s job board expertise with Wiley’s publishing experience. As part of Wiley, Madgex can continue to partner with the world’s most prestigious organisations across publishing, journalism, associations and recruitment, providing the cutting-edge job board technology, continuous innovation and expert support we are known for.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organisations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.