Bistro MD - Shopify Plus (Front End Web) Developer
Outstanding opportunity for dynamic and passionate Shopify Plus Front End Developer to join a successful national company. We are bistroMD, the leading nationwide healthy meal delivery service that combines great tasting, natural food with the science of healthy weight loss. Want to work in a field where your contributions will make a direct impact not only on the success of the company but also the lives of its clients? If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
- note: This is a remote opportunity, at this time we are only able to consider candidates residing in the following states: CO, FL, GA, IN, MO, NV, NC, PA, TN, VT, VA.
About the Role
Looking for an experienced Shopify Developer who can follow business and marketing requirements to build onto our custom Shopify theme following best practices and established coding standards. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of front-end development experience in the Shopify ecosystem (Recharge a strong Plus) and possess good UX and design sense with the ability to fill in the "gaps" not addressed in static mockups to create a fluid responsive experience identifying any potential UX issues not addressed in the design.
All applicants must have a strong web development and ecommerce background and possess these basic skills: time management, goal oriented, ability to work well under deadline pressure and excellent communication and organization skills.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Shopify Front-end dev experience
- Ability to build custom Shopify themes
- Experience building custom Shopify apps a plus
- Experience working with Shopify API’s & Soap/Rest APIs
- Experience developing a customized Shopify checkout
- HTML, CSS, JS
- SCSS a plus
- Custom email templating a plus
- Recharge and recharge API experience a strong plus
- Jinja templating a plus
- Performance, SEO, and Accessibility
- Ability to write semantic HTML for SEO following best practices regarding accessibility
- Resolve performance issues caught using tools such as Google Search Console and PageSpeed Insights
- Resolve accessibility issues caught using tools such as Wave and Siteimprov
- Experience with 3rd-party marketing tech including but not limited to:
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- GA4 a plus
- Rails a plus
- Docker a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, experience in sizing images for the web and use of content servers for image delivery.
- Understanding of design and brand standards and how to manipulate/translate design files into functional webpages.
- High level of comfort interacting with marketing team and/or design stakeholders to overcome technical or other design challenges while building out pages.
- Experience analyzing web pages using Google Page Speed Insights and developing action plans to improve overall page performance.
- Experience in optimizing CSS, understanding of SAAS and LESS preprocessors.
- Ability to create and modify complex Bootstrap layouts that render correctly across browsers and standard prescribed viewports, manipulate the DOM and design table-less CSS layouts.
- Knowledgeable about web standards, W3C specifications and cross-browser/cross-platform/cross-device compatibility.
- Knowledgeable about Minification, Lazy Loading and other techniques for increasing page speed.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs