Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client's missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past nine years in a row, the Top Workplaces USA for the past three years, and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award for the past four years, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
- Generous and flexible time-off policy
- Flexible work schedules and telework options, including remote work availability for eligible projects
- Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, tuition reimbursement, and paid training opportunities
- Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, life insurance, and more
- 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing
- Regular team and company social events including our annual party, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more
- A focus on community engagement including company wide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts
- To learn more about working at Dev Technology visit, Learn About A Day At Dev Technology
Junior Full Stack React/Node.js Developer, #592
Clearance: Must have the ability to obtain a DHS Public Trust.
The ICE Human Resources Information Technology team has identified a need to modernize their business process and technology stack. As part of this team you will be working with the Human Resource end users to identify areas of improvement and gaps in their current technology tools. You will be working with the latest React/Node.js/AWS Serverless technology stack to add value and reduce processing times for different aspects of the ICE Human Resources functions.
What You'll Be Doing:
This application developer position is for a project that performs Agile Software Development for systems that are used to support our client's mission. This position will involve software development from requirements gathering phase through coding and testing; communicating status including issues and risks to team; collaborating with team members to reach problem resolution; learning new skill sets on the job in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience full stack application developer
- At least 1-5 years of professional experience in a development environment
- Experience with React UI or related UI frameworks (Angular)
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS Cloud Tools
- Ability to understand complex business processes and how they relate to the systems supporting them
- Ability to research problems, identify a root cause, and recommend and implement a solution
- Aptitude for picking up technology quickly along with a desire to learn and progress
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate with team members to ensure client needs and expectations are met or exceeded
- Demonstrates a passion for solving complex software challenges, and enjoys working team collaboration
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Java (preferred)
- Experience with AWS Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with the SPA concept and libraries (preferred)
- Experience with agile and DevOps tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Junit (preferred)
- Experience in writing SQL and working with relational database structures, PostgreSQL and/or Dynamo DB (highly preferred)
Dev Technology Group operates in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MD, MA, ME, MN, NC, NJ, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV.
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs