A little bit about us
We are an ambitious company founded in 1996 and listed on the London Stock Exchange (CNIC), which is growing quickly through acquisition. We live and breathe our values and are committed to the growth of our business that we achieve through the growth and development of our people. We are successful because we recognise that our people are at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to enable the global economy to achieve its online aspirations.
What we do
As the developer and operator of software platforms, we provide web presence services to customers in over 180 countries. We are a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email, and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. CentralNic is also currently expanding its monetisation offering to acquire traffic and optimise online marketing activities. To learn more about the company, please go to our website www.centralnic.com.
This role will be a part of CentralNic’s Global Customer Success Team as a Junior Full -Stack Developer, who will be supporting our customers and will be responsible for liaising with the Retail and Reseller brands. They will work closely with the brand design teams to ensure continuity across the areas of the business that are represented in Zendesk, the group's Customer Success platform of choice.
This role reports into the Senior Developer Customer Success and will ideally be based in UK, where we will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic. This role sits within a diverse and international team where you will be working with colleagues located in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
As our Junior Full-Stack Developer you will be responsible for customisation within the Zendesk chat widget as required by the Customer Success managers in applicable brands. You may also be expected to assist in day-to-day administration of the Zendesk platform for the team.
- You will have a passion to work in the technology industry
- The successful candidate will be willing to speak up and ask questions
- You are collaborative and proactive conducting research
- Able to work independently by being able to use initiative once project brief is given
- Contribute to discussions working closely with our internal clients or customer success managers
- Being able to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
Experience and skills that will help you succeed
- Experience with OOP PHP and the Laravel framework
- Experience with CSS extensions such as LESS and SASS as well as compilation software and approaches
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with source control software - namely GIT
- Hands on approach to use Zendesk Guide would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry
Our process will consist of an initial conversation with a member of our People team to make sure your expectations of the role are aligned with the business needs. There will then be a competency-based interview with a member of the team and the Hiring Manager where we would like to discuss a project or code example you are proud of among others to understand your thinking process better.
We are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
We aim to keep you informed throughout the process so we will be communicative and transparent throughout (which also happens to be one of our company values)!
The role will ideally be based at our London office. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Not right for you? Check out more Entry Level Software Engineer Jobs