The client is looking for a software developer to immediately join their team, approx. 15, staff to continue to expand and deliver their growing client and product activities within Rail, Transport, and other industry sectors.
The Team is a long-standing collective of Developers, Project Managers, and support staff with an abundance of long-standing contracts and newly won work with some of the world’s leading companies. You will always be with work and will be able to work over a portfolio of different projects.
The client has a flexible work environment to suit your needs. You will be able to work fully remote or book a hot desk at one of there offices dotted around the country.
The client provides ongoing training and support to allow you to grow your skillset, new or legacy products, or provide you with the necessary training to progress further throughout the team from Junior through to Principal. The client will also fund you to take Microsoft exams to achieve certifications.
- Development and support of new and existing mobile and web applications
- Join an existing team of talented developers working on a variety of existing and future client applications
- Work within a successful team to continuously improve and refine the skills and capabilities of the team
- Remain knowledgeable of current software development tools and techniques
- Deliver agreed commitments to the stated quality, timescales and cost
- Support the Digital Services team to achieve its sales, productivity and profitability targets
- Support and contribute to bid production and estimating activities to secure new client opportunities
Skills & experience
- Experience in developing applications as a Microsoft Full Stack Developer
- Knowledge of back-end languages (e.g. C#)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MS SQL Server)
- Interest and demonstrable evidence in UI/UX design and development
The client would also like to see some of the below, but this is not essential:
- Experience of working in rail or transportation industry
- Microsoft accreditation.
Our client is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
- Pension Plan: (Employer doubles contribution up to 5% Employee, 10% Employer)
- Life Assurance + Spousal Life Assurance
- Holidays: Basic entitlement 25 days (+ bank holidays) with option to buy an additional 15 days or to sell 5 days.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Annual Professional Fee subscription reimbursed for membership of a professional body
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Insurance: Dental, Health, Private Medical, Travel, Gadget
- Digital GP, Flu Jab Vouchers, Eyecare Vouchers and Healthcare Cash Plan
- Discounts on annual gym memberships at over 2,500 health clubs, gyms and leisure centres
- Critical Illness : This benefit pays out a tax-free cash sum if you suffer a serious illness
- Company car (at more Senior levels)
- Childcare Vouchers