You will be joining an Agile feature team responsible for building Deutsche Bank’s client reference data (counterparty master) team. As a software engineer, you will create working, tested code that delivers value to our common platform. You are expected to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap, integrate business value with experience, and contribute to building an engineering culture within the team.
We expect you to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about data. You will be familiar with the Agile scrum development process and will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for participating in the full agile application development life to support overall project objectives
- You will continually strive to leverage design patterns, work in a test-driven environment – coding, unit testing/automated test scripts, participate in peer reviews, must be adaptable to different responsibilities, and possess strong communications skills
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of technology and business stakeholders
- You will contribute to problem solving and root cause analysis
Your Skills and Experience:
- Must have hands on development experience in Oracle database SQL and Java Spring Boot/Microservices
- Functional expertise and ability to work independently with service ops, other feature teams, and product owners
- Familiar with SDLC change controls and production deployment process
- Experience working in Agile development environment (e.g. scrum) is a must
- Experience in understanding enterprise data models and documenting data attribute mapping & interface control requirements
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: "EEO is the Law poster" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .