Frontend Visualization Engineer (junior)
FFW is looking for a Frontend Visualization Engineer, able to work fully remote, in a multinational team. This is a contract role (unlimited period), with our partner, a well-known company from the pharma sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and building complex visualizations with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and D3.js in Vue.js frontend applications. These applications provide data and insights to allow other developers and stakeholders to make better strategic decisions for their services.
For example, with D3.js, you might be building histograms, cumulative flow charts and other interactive graphics that communicate software delivery performance of other teams to help them identify bottleneck and potential improvements they can make. You might also be collaborating with a Backend Engineer on the definition of simple JSON data structures so that you later will use to visualize with SVG and D3.js.Responsibilities:
What awaits you:
- you will design and build complex visualizations with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and D3.js in Vue.js frontend applications;
- a mix of building new features, fixing bugs, showcasing your work, and planning. We keep scheduled meetings to a minimum. Members of the team actively communicate and collaborate in chat. Each member of the team is encouraged to contribute to discussions;
- a multinational team, with colleagues based all over the world;
- daily working schedule would look like this: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM, in the European time zone (GMT/CET). Overlapping to US East Coast time zone (EST) might be required as some colleagues are based in the US, therefore, flexibility is required for this position.
Qualifications: What you bring:
- Experience with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG);
- Experience with D3.js;
- Building to accessibility standards – i.e. WCAG;
- Git best practices – rebase, squash, bisect • Kanban delivery – we enjoy working with lean methods.
You can expect from our recruitment process to look like this:
- "Get to know you" chat with a member of our Talent Team;
- A short recorded video interview, where you will briefly tell us more about yourself;
- A technical video interview with one of our colleagues from the development team;
- And finally an offer!