Are you an aspiring Mobile App Developer with Android &/or iOS skills wanting to be part of an Agile team using cutting edge technologies like SwiftUI or Jetpack Compose?
It is an exciting time to join Games Workshop in our Customer Technology Team as we develop and grow to become a high velocity delivery, customer focused, agile software engineering team.
As a Junior Mobile App Developer, you will be developing new and existing mobile native applications that support our Warhammer hobby. Such applications enable our customers to build armies, lookup rules, or redeem additional digital content. The successful candidate will be involved with commercial products such as subscription based apps, as well as those products which simply provide an improved customer experience, including Apps that help customers paint our miniatures. Basically, there are lots of exciting applications to develop and maintain!
- Working with Scrum, Product and other delivery functions to efficiently deliver quality solutions to business requirements.
- Engaging in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- To follow best practice coding standards (clean repeatable code).
- Show a proactive and logical approach to problem solving.
- Be self-motivated to learn and also open to coaching from senior members of the team.
- To ensure issues or blockers are raised with senior members in a timely fashion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic commercial (or similar) experience delivering Android and/or iOS applications.
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst maintaining autonomy/ownership of your work.
- A basic understanding of the following principles/ methods:
o Agile/Scrum delivery methods
o Unit testing
o iOS – Swift UI & Combine
o Android – Kotlin / Coroutines / Jetpack Compose
o SQL database access
- Be a strong communicator/collaborator.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is home based, with occasional visits to our head office in Lenton, Nottingham.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Monday 2nd May 2022
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.