Junior Full Stack Engineer
Giant Machines is a technology firm that helps our clients bring the right digital products to market through product validation, strategy, design, and development. We are a 90+ person team with a track record of building software that drives thousands of businesses, powers financial marketplaces with billions of dollars of daily transaction volume, and is deployed by thousands of people in the field.
2021 was a banner year for Giant Machines. We experienced triple digit growth, built up our innovation practice, and acquired a technology learning and development company to expand our own professional growth goals and client offerings, all with record low attrition and a track record of deep employee and client success and satisfaction.
- Diversity-forward company
- #2 Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain’s New York Business
- Built in NYC 2021 Best Places to Work New York City
- Certified Asian American Business
- Proud Member of Pledge 1%
- Remote flexibility with office space for collaboration and team events
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Company-wide volunteer opportunities
- Solid work-life balance
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We're looking for a Junior Full-Stack Engineer to help the engineering effort on our various projects. You'll collaborate with other engineers and product managers, assist development across the full application stack, and interface with our clients as a representative of Giant Machines. Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong programming abilities
- Familiarity with designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Ability to work closely with our clients’ internal teams.
- Experience in a consulting environment is not required but a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate
- Willingness to be mentored and to mentor others
- Knowledge and experience relating to some of the following is a plus:
- Architecting, building, and styling UIs
- Frameworks such as Spring Boot and React
- Relational (e.g. Postgres) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) databases.
- Experience with ORM tools such as ActiveRecord, Sequelize, or Hibernate
- DevOps tools and practices such as CI/CD and automation
- Testing frameworks, unit and integration testing
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Heroku
NY Pay Transparency: The pay range for this position is 75K to 115K annually based on skills and experience.