Hiyield - Full Stack Wordpress Developer - Remote UK
We’re looking for a Full Stack WordPress Web Developer to join our growing team. We are a tech-focused digital agency specialising in user-centred websites, apps, and digital products.
Come on the Hiyield journey with us
You’ll be joining a team of 19 at an exciting time, with a chance to have a real impact. We have two main workstreams that everyone gets involved in
- Early and growth stage Startups, where we deliver technical and product development services. We try to be fully integrated with these startups, shaping their product, coding their platforms.
- Bespoke Websites & Apps. We handle the full lifecycle of the project from discovery to delivery. While you’ll be working on the code, we like to expose everyone to every aspect of the project.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for smart, enthusiastic, and dependable developers who’ll bring more than just coding to the position. You should apply if…
- You have an enthusiasm for technology and an inquisitive mind, always looking for a better way.
- You want to design and build exciting user-centred websites.
- You work well independently and can manage your own time and tasks
- You enjoy a team environment, working collaboratively, and helping more junior members of the team.
- You’re a good communicator, and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
We are a small team, but our company culture revolves around collaboration, transparency, and people having the space to explore the best outcomes. Respect is important at hiyield.
- Sense of humour
It’s important for us to have a workplace that is inclusive, values diversity and allows people to succeed. Feeling valued and included is at the core of our business.
Being diverse in age, gender identity, physical ability, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and perspectives allows us to create better tech, and be better humans.
We want to create an environment where everyone can thrive and succeed, whilst being their authentic selves.
We want our interview process to be as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. The first step will be a quick call to discuss the basics of the role and to help decide if we’ll be a good fit. We’ll then follow up with a one-hour general technical interview. There are no trick questions or whiteboard exercises, but it would be good to see some examples of your code.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are familiar with HTML and CSS, preferably with some CSS framework experience such as TailwindCSS.
- Are familiar with PHP and the better-practices surrounding it.
- Are familiar with WordPress (Or a similar PHPFront End Framework), and have created multiple high standard websites before, ideally in an agency setting.
- Have a good understanding of technical concepts that impact the reliability and security of web applications
- Have an eye for design, and are able to implement designs accurately.
Our Tech Stack
We’re looking for someone that can get up and running quickly in our preferred stack.
- Databases (MySQL / PostgreSQL / Firebase)
- UI Frameworks
You don’t need to know it all, as long as you’ve used similar platforms or can show relevant experience.
We offer a salary of £25,000 to £35,000.
We have an office in St Austell, Cornwall and a hub in central London, but we’re a flexible working team and will consider remote workers for this position.
As a small team, we work flexibly and will trust you to manage your own time and resources. We’ll pay for anything you need to support you in your role.
We’ll be growing our package of benefits over time. We currently offer:
- 25 days (Plus bank holidays, plus Xmas office shutdown) flexible holiday.
- Salary reviews every six months
- A workplace pension scheme where we pay 3%, if you pay 5%.
- Flexible working (including working from home).
- A brand new laptop device, 4K displays, and any other equipment you need.
- An annual personal development budget of £500
- Regular (and optional) team socials.