About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés's ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About this Job
BentoBox is seeking a Junior Web Designer, Fully Remote! to join our rapidly growing team. This position will be an integral part of our design team and will report directly to the Team Lead, Web Design. You'll play an important role in shaping the online presence of some of the best restaurants in the world.
To learn more about the Design Team, check out a couple of our side projects: the Design Blog and Out of Office Resource website.
- Find unique, visually compelling yet intuitive ways to represent restaurants online through their website design
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to translate brand guidelines and deliver exceptional value with every design
- Create, collaborate and iterate on our library of themes to solve never-before-addressed problems for the hospitality industry
- Use restaurant website design best practices to bring your customer's vision to life across all devices
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest digital trends to ensure designs and templates remain relevant and best-in-class
- Uphold BentoBox's core mission, vision, and principles
Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of one year experience in visual web design/graphic design for websites
- Familiar with HTML, CSS and responsive design
- Highly energetic and ambitious - excited to help build a massive company
- Versatile and comfortable working in different styles
- Strong multi-tasker who can easily manage numerous projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- More than just a keen eye for visual design and great taste: you design with purpose and with user experience in mind
- Comfortable working with very little direction, and iterating based on feedback
- Open to learning, and seek the best solutions for unfamiliar design challenges
- Smart, meticulous, self-motivated, quality-focused
- Passionate about the restaurant industry and helping owners and operators thrive in a digital world
- Applicants must submit an online portfolio to be considered
Perks of Joining Us:
We're building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. BentoBox complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.