Lead4ward - Software Developer
Who we are
lead4ward makes a difference in the lives of students by helping educators focus their work, creating structures that give teachers and students a sense of hope and confidence, and supporting leaders with systems they can trust. We believe educators change the world one child at a time.
Serving over 900 school districts, lead4ward is an essential partner in supporting the success of schools. lead4ward anticipates and integrates the changing needs of schools, maintaining a focus of professional learning, engaging instruction, and meaningful assessment.
Meet the team
As part of a small, focused team, you’ll provide support designing, developing, and deploying solutions for the lead4ward crew and our clients. You will also assist in managing the backend infrastructure that supports our operations and implementing various services.
While the team is small, the ideas are big. You will have the space to explore new products and use technologies that best solve problems – forced requirements are a thing of the past!
Make a difference by
- Enhancing and updating Android and iOS apps
- Assisting with ongoing development and maintenance of a custom CMS
- Developing new, client facing applications
- Deploying, updating, and maintaining infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Participating in discussions at all levels of the organization
We need someone who
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development OR equivalent work experience. Self-taught and non-professional experience ok with portfolio.
- Has experience coding in a general-purpose programming language
- Can handle ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving skills and effective communication
- Effectively articulates technical challenges and solutions and adapt to changing feature sets and requirements
- Understands that development may require a flexible schedule during key project milestones
It’d be awesome if you had
- Familiarity with software testing principles
- A solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Led root cause analysis and tracked resolution to completion
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on development code, test designs, and test cases
- Previously worked in education focused organizations
- Primarily remote work with a flexible schedule.
- Shared office space in downtown Austin with free parking.
- Generous vacation policy, including two-week vacation at the end of December and a week for spring break in March
- Generous benefits after hire
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs