Full Job Description
Web Developer with Server and SEO Knowledge
Full-time, flexible hours
We are seeking a talented and experienced web developer to add to our team.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative creative shop and involves a variety of projects, interacting with several different members of our design, web, and account teams. We are a tight-knit group of creatives and brand craftsmen who approach our work with talent and passion.
We are need of a professional with hands-on experience building websites from the ground up. Applicants must have an authentic passion for continuous learning. This full-stack role requires experience in both back end and front end development, and a strong appreciation of the latest web standards, life-cycles and quality development, as well as respect for the integrity of a beautiful design.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record in working collaboratively with other developers, account managers, and creative designers. We are looking for someone who will provide development, training, guidance, and support for systems and technology, along with the evaluation of new technology solutions. You will help lay the creative technological foundationsupon which the company will continue its growth.
- Full-stack responsibilities including plenty of complex troubleshooting and creative development to make websites perform the custom actions our clients request.
- Primary communication with hosting/server vendors to ensure we always have the right set up, maintenance, and value. Proactively monitor server performance and needs.
- Continually research and innovate in processes, practices, and tools for your department. Advocate for change and growth.
- Collaborate with other developers, departments, and contractors.
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing to non-savvy coworkers and clients. Maintain positivity and inspire confidence in others.
- Provide creative solutions to requests and issues.
- Stay efficient and on-budget with all tasks. Continually improve efficiency.
- Address issue tickets and updates requested for existing websites.
- Perform WCAG audits and reviews, construct reports with the findings, and correct sites as needed.
- Develop an SEO and SEM program within our company from scratch including what tools to use, processes, presentations, reporting, KPIs, pricing, etc.
- Train additional staff members on SEO skills.
- Analyze a website's performance, identify weaknesses and develop solutions.
- Produce strategies that effectively improve client SEO results in measurable goals.
- Manage your time to consistently meet deadlines.
- Maintain timesheets with project statistics and keep task lists updated.
- Minimum 2 years experience developing responsive websites - new grads and self-taught learners welcome
- At least two years of experience in SEO campaigns
- Experience in Wordpress and Wordpress Multisites
- Proficiency in:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Cross-browser issues
- LAMP stack
- Knowledge of Linux systems, SSH, RSync
- Knowledge of WPCLI
- Basic knowledge of server management
- GIT for repo management (Command Line, i.e. Bash)
- Able to write bash scripts and to automate tasks
- Ability to build portable, clean and well documented code
- Ability to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines with multiple projects at once
- Committed 100% to working positively with others, collaborating with creative and development teams
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills including the ability to write and speak in a way that explains complex concepts to laymen
- A commitment to the highest quality control
- A passion to learn and keen to adapt to new frameworks and libraries
- Understanding of how an application interacts with users
- Able to use Regex, Grep to find things inside the folders
- System and network administration understanding
- Experience with website analytics tools
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and/or Google Docs equivalents
- A keen eye for grammar, proofreading, spell checking, etc
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, quickly, and prioritize tasks
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and attend meetings on time
- Anticipate potential issues and problem solve, understand the global brand picture
- Stick-to-itiveness and ingenuity in problem solving
- Stays up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating reports
- Record of relevant courses, training, and certifications
Flexible Skills (If you do not have these you will be required to learn them)
- Google Certification
- Hubspot and/or YouTube optimization
- Familiarity with Workamajig, Gmail, and Adobe CC
- CSS preprocessors (SCSS)
- Thorough WCAG compliance understanding
- Familiarity with WP Engine and Cloudflare
- Experience with Domain Name Systems (DNS) records and management (i.e. GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.)
Bonus Skills(Nice to have but not required)
- Strong commercial copywriting skills
- SEM Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related
- Experience with automated testing methods
- UI/UX/Design sensibilities
- ReactJS framework
- Familiarity with the new JAMStack approach to building new sites using frameworks like NextJS and GatsbyJS
- Experience in CMS framework Drupal
- Work from home full-time
- Awesome coworkers invested in each other’s success
- Monthly team-building activities
- Opportunity to make a big impact
- Freedom to choose PC or Mac
- Supplemental pay opportunities
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Life, and Dental Insurance available with a variety of options
Applicants will not be considered without a resume.
Due to the large amount of applicants, we unfortunately cannot reply to all submissions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
We went fully remote in response to COVID and plan to stay that way. We care very much about the comfort levels of our employees with in-person interactions and adjust accordingly.
- Do you now or in the future intend to ask your employer for sponsorship in an H1B Visa?
- Would you be able to attend monthly in-person events in the Dallas-Ft Worth area?
- SEO: 2 years (Required)
- Responsive Web Development: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email email@example.com if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs