NRDC - Email Developer
Location: NYC or Washington DC
NRDC is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our team of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and the globe from our offices in Bozeman, Montana; Chicago; New York; San Francisco; Santa Monica; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an Email Developer to work with the Digital Advocacy & Fundraising team in the Communications department in our New York, NY or Washington, D.C. office.
NRDC is seeking an Email Developer to support the production needs of the organization’s high volume digital advocacy and fundraising team within the Communications Department. The position, within the Digital Advocacy and Fundraising team, will work with campaign managers on that team, as well as with the Campaigns team, to produce and implement NRDC’s high-volume email and online engagement program. Primary responsibilities include the production of emails and advocacy and fundraising forms using our eCRM system: Salesforce/Marketing Cloud with Springboard. Prefer candidates based in New York or Washington, D.C.
- Code, implement, and test bulk email and fundraising and advocacy forms, ensuring accuracy of content and user experience.
- Execute list segmentation and delivery for messages across the organization for advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
- Setting up A/B and split tests for emails, and forms.
- Ensure consistency of code and best practices across all digital campaigns, ensuring a similar look and feel for outgoing messages in line with organizational branding.
- Participate in content reviews and editing of emails and forms, distributing materials for review and incorporating edits/feedback.
- Proof and QA bulk emails to ensure working links, compliance with email campaign & project briefs, internal creative & editorial guidelines, proper tracking, email best practices, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Assist campaign managers in reporting outcomes of messaging, finding respondents, and identifying list sizes.
- Assist with optimizing form and email templates in coordination with the Multimedia team.
- Assist in monitoring and managing Asana production management and calendarization tool
- Commitment to NRDC’s mission and values.
- 2-3 years relevant experience with eCRM, email and form production.
- Experience with Springboard, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce a plus, but experience with any similar eCRM system is sought (e.g., Luminate Online, EveryAction, Action Kit, Salsa, Engaging Networks, Pardot, etc.).
- HTML coding skills a plus.
- Familiar with A/B testing and digital campaign design best practices from email to page layout.
- Knowledge of segmentation, dynamic content, and testing methodologies. Understand CAN-SPAM requirements.
- Experience with project management tools like Asana, Basecamp, and others a plus.
- Experience in applying and using metrics to inform email strategies.
- Strong editing skills and high attention to detail.
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities while coordinating workflow in a deadline-driven and service-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a range of groups.
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and implementation skills.
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming diverse voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience. For this position, the salary is $76,000 to $90,000. Internal equity considerations will be reviewed before making a final offer.
Since March 2020, NRDC’s offices have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will be associated with one of our offices, but until circumstances allow us to re-open, we will continue to support NRDCers with remote working arrangements.
As a science-based organization, NRDC aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 public health crisis. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we ask that people be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation or other exemption in accordance with state and local law. We consider a person to be vaccinated two weeks after receiving one full course of a CDC-approved vaccine. In accordance with state or local law, new hires will be asked to attest to vaccination, those wishing to do so may request medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions via NRDC Employee Relations. NRDC treats all vaccine-related data confidentially, in keeping with local, state, and federal laws.
To apply, visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your résumé and cover letter. Please mention where you saw this posting and upload any additional materials that showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates we would like to interview. Please no phone calls, emails, or in-person résumé drop-offs.
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs