Full Job Description
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
Engineering at Peek
Peek’s engineering team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS business. We have a modern tech stack, built with Elixir, Ruby, Ember.js, and Swift. We love GraphQL and Kubernetes and deploy on AWS and GCP.
Use your knowledge of UIKit and Swift to improve the Peek Pro iOS app, a completely native application relied upon by thousands of businesses every day. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices, and delight people by making the best software using Swift and iOS14 APIs. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features. We’re still small, so every person’s effort contributes significantly to the direction of our growing company.See details about Peek’s tech stack here.
We work collaboratively, move fast, and value technical quality. If you are excited about the challenge of building an incredible product while working alongside a great engineering team, we’d love to hear from you!
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4). English is our business language, and fluency is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, product polish, and code quality
- Assist in translating stakeholder requirements into system technical requirements
- Communicate effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Develop new mobile features, build-out existing features, and refine complex prototypes
- Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
- Investigates and resolves system issues that arise in production
The ideal candidate has:
- 1+ years experience in software iOS development building real-world apps in Swift
- Experience with threading, mobile database, and networking
- Expertise in building complex layouts with UIKit/SwiftUI
- Tools and technologies we use are Xcode, Swift, SwiftUI/UIKIt/RxSwift/Combine, XCTest, GraphQL, SPM, Fastlane, Firebase, Figma.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: we work collaboratively to solve problems, and value team success over individual achievement. We love working with people who can ask hard questions, offer unusual solutions, and are willing to compromise when solving challenging problems on a deadline.
- Comfortable working remotely: we are 100% remote, and rely on Slack, email, Signal, and Zoom to stay connected.
- Well organized and self-motivated: we work in a fast-paced environment, our teams are growing, and our priorities shift on a quarterly basis as we move into new markets.
- Advocate for self-care while managing a high workload: we want you to show up as your best self, and to speak up for what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Perks & Benefits:
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, two-week company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.