Junior Full Stack Developer
TITLE: Junior Full Stack Developer (Part-Time)
REPORTING TO: IT Developer and Manager, Global ERP
LOCATION: New York, NY or Washington, DC preferred
JOBS SUPERVISED: N/A
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Indefinite
The Population Council seeks a part-time (approximately 21 hours per week) qualified Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for the technical support, systems administration, and the implementation of a variety of software and database applications. They will provide high level end-user support to all country offices and headquarters.
1. Support both custom and off-the shelf web-based applications and databases, perform data conversions and install software upgrades.
2. Provide backup database administration support for Microsoft SQL MySQL, Windows, and Linux servers.
3. Provide software/database programming for assigned projects, including but not limited to .NET, PHP, Python, Java, SQL reporting, environment.
4. Participate in donor-funded projects that may require setup, training, programming, implementation and documentation of standardized data collection system tools. Contribute to supporting researchers in developing surveys, chatbots, and on-line questionnaires.
5. Contribute to developing and/or managing Council Web sites.
6. Implement new software applications as required including some or all of the following functions: interview users and document system requirements; perform software package evaluations and recommendations; perform system testing; prepare documentation, including user guides, procedures and technical documentation of any programs written, train end users in the use of the system.
7. Assist the Development team in developing a Data Warehouse, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Analytics for our research.
8. Other responsibilities as needed.
We recognize that strong candidates may not have every qualification listed here, and encourage applications from individuals who bring passion, skills and experience in many or most of these areas.
1. Minimum of 1-3 years work experience developing software.
3. Azure experience including virtual machines, blob storage and programming within Azure. Will also consider similar experience with AWS or Google Cloud.
4. Solid experience with Linux. Apache or Nginx experience a plus.
5. Experience developing apps for Smartphones. Android Studio and/or Ionic experience a plus.
6. Working knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL, database design. SQL report writing, Microsoft SQL Studio experience a definite plus.
7. Experience with Power Platform, including PowerBI, PowerApps, and Power Automate.
8. Web development programming knowledge. Experience with Wordpress or another CMS a plus.
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation. Must enjoy working with users.
10. Ability to work independently while remaining a strong and collaborative team member.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range between $41-48k, depending on knowledge, skills and experience. Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance available immediately upon hire; 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution equal to 12% of annual salary after one year of employment; generous annual and sick leave; and paid parental leave. We strive to provide an environment of professional growth and development.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format.