Full Job Description
Position: Junior Software Engineer
Web Control was founded in 2001 with the main principles of providing a first-class customer service experience and to exploit emerging technologies to help develop our customers IT Systems.
Twenty years on these principles are still at the centre of our business model along with the mission to ensure we reduce stress and confusion in the workplace, to simplify, organise and automate for our customers and staff alike.
We have 20 full time staff and work with many contractors. We have over 50 manufacturing companies that we support with their everyday needs. These services range from general daily support, development, training, consultancy and developing independent solutions that integrate with their ERP. We also have an Internet of Things company, that we build IOT solutions for.
Our offices are based in an idyllic location within the South Northamptonshire countryside, not far from Silverstone and the town of Towcester where many high street amenities are provided from a local post office through to various bespoke retail outlets and supermarkets. However, everyone now has the opportunity to work remotely full time. Our staff are in various locations throughout the UK: Watford, Birmingham, Bedford, Hull and Milton Keynes to name a few. Plus, we have contractors in Scotland, US and India.
We are very customer focussed and delivering a good service and value is something we pride ourselves on. Our customer base includes BT, Marshall Amps, Elddis Caravans, Dennis
Eagle and many more.
Our main team is built up from very experienced ERP consultants and developers and some fantastic C# developers. The rest of the team we have trained in house as we specialise in some legacy ERP systems so have multi-value expertise.
Working alongside either our NetSuite or ERP Support team you would receive a competitive salary, automatic enrolment into our Workplace Pension scheme with the company contribution over the minimum amount required plus after certain criteria has been met you will be included in the company wide bonus scheme.
Our benefits and initiatives are;
- Automatically enrolled within the companies Workplace Pension Scheme from day 1(Nest)
- 5% contribution to the scheme from the company
- Minimum 3% from employee
- Operated as a Salary Sacrifice scheme (saving on tax & NI)
- Once criteria met (probationary period successful) will be eligible to join the company bonus scheme(paid quarterly)
- Annual Leave is 24 days plus all statutory bank holidays.
- Flexibility on working hours – i.e., 8 till 4 instead of 9 till 5.
- Contractual sick pay of 4 weeks full pay in a 12-month period (once been with us a certain length of time).
- Operate opticians’ scheme, paying for your annual test and up to £40 if you require glasses for VDU only
- If applicable Childcare voucher scheme
- Ability to work from home
- Equipment to carry out your duties will be provided (laptop, monitor screen etc)
- Annual ‘work do’, all expenses incurred for overnight stay, meals and entertainment included.
- Virtual quiz evenings (and other events) arranged.
- Daily virtual team meetings 1 x formal meeting and an informal office banter meeting at 1.30pm every Wednesday.
The successful Junior Software Engineer is not required to have any previous experience but it would be an advantage. In addition you will possess the following qualities:
- An interest in computing, software development etc. is desirable
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Able to manage your own time and prioritise tasks
- Willingness to learn new skills and new technologies
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
Additional Information: Once the closing date has passed, successful applicants will be invited to take an aptitude test and if they pass the test they will then be invited to the next round of our recruitment process. Also please note, although these positions are remote, there will be the opportunity to visit our customer sites, so a UK driving licence and being UK Based is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Quarterly bonus
- A-Level or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: Remote