Wonder of Maths - Junior React Developer
Location - London/remote UK
Wonders of Maths is an EdTech company revolutionising the personalised learning space. Over the past 6 years, we have established ourselves as a leading tutoring business, with our students achieving excellent rates of acceptance into the top UK schools. Our personalised approach is driven by the idea that how a student learns is just as important as what they learn.
We are now using this experience to build Educai (https://educai.io), an all-in-one platform powered by AI, empowering tutors with all the tools and methods they need to easily deliver a fully personalised learning experience to every child. At Educai's core is an evidence-based behavioural and academic assessment which allows any tutor to understand each child in a few hours rather than months. The assessment results and content matching tool allow tutors to provide each child with a personalised learning experience, without significant added effort.
Having validated our idea with beta users, we are now gearing up to further iterate and scale. We have strong backing by notable investors, are well funded and are looking for like-minded people who are excited about joining a startup in the early stages of its journey.
We pride ourselves on creating a fun and inclusive environment around learning. As a company built on the idea that anyone can achieve their potential, we are passionate about honing our skills and creating a path for the right person, not just the person with the right skillset. We’re a small but extremely driven team who cares about what we do, and equally, about each other.
That’s why our values are:
- The student will always come first
- What we do, we do well
- Diversity in thought, unity in vision
- Teach what you know, learn what you don’t
- Data driven creativity
We are looking for a developer who wants to focus on building an exciting, user friendly, high quality application instead of worrying about velocity and cycle times. Our developers are autonomous, so they get to choose what stories they work on from an extensive backlog.
We currently have a tech team consisting of our CTO and a senior web developer. Given the small team, you will be given the opportunity to work in every part of the codebase and really stretch your skills and knowledge.
We are primarily looking for somebody who wants to solve interesting problems. We don’t care what your background is whether degree, bootcamp or self taught.
Some of the problems we are solving are:
- Learning style assessment. We have our initial version of the learning assessment that helps understand how the student learns. This is quite specific to 11+ math. Now it's validated, we want to roll it out to all year groups and subjects, both in the UK and globally.
- Tutor-student matching. Historically done by only location and subject, we want to bring personality, background, teaching/learning style and experience of both the student and tutor to the forefront to ensure the students have the best possible tutor experience.
- Tutor tools. Providing a one-stop-shop for tutors to give them everything from the assessment to understand their students, worksheets, video calling, whiteboard, scheduling, invoicing, behavioural and academic tracking, parent reports, admin report…the list really does go on.
Our Tech Stack
We use a really modern tech stack consisting of React, Remix, Prisma, Tailwind, Postgres and AWS.
We also use tools such as Typescript, GraphQL, Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress.
We don't care what your current skill level is with these tools, a basic knowledge of programming and a drive to grow and succeed is more than enough to do well at this role.
We have an office based in Kensington, London. Initially, we will hope to see you in the office most days, but offer remote and flexible working for people who are performing well. We will generally ask you come into our office at least once a week.
We are passionate about changing the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
Please mention No CS Degree when you apply and email email@example.com if you get an interview or get hired
Not a good fit? Check out other entry level Software Engineer jobs